At Ernesettle Community School we encourage the children to always take pride in wearing their school uniform. We find it gives the children a sense of belonging and unites us all behind a common identity. It also helps us to identify each other when we are out and about in the community.
Each child receives a free P.E. kit when they start at the school. This includes a house colour t-shirt, a pair of shorts with the school logo and a PE bag.
School uniform is available to purchase online through www.price-buckland.co.uk. We have samples in the school office which you are more than welcome to try for size, please contact the school reception to arrange this.
We encourage the children to look after their belongings and we ask that you ensure that all of your child’s clothes are clearly marked with their name.
The below information shares the expectations for uniform at Ernesettle Community School:
- Jewellery is not part of the school’s uniform policy; any earrings must be plain, colourless studs please.
- No nail varnish is to be worn.
- Hair extensions and coloured hair, that is not a natural colour, is not appropriate during term time; if children have this during the holidays, please ensure their hair has returned to normal before the start of term.
- Hair styles are expected to be neat and appropriate for a school setting.
- Please note that any hair accessories must be small, sensible and in the school colours (black, blue, yellow or white).
- Black sensible school shoes are to be worn – no high heels, trainers or open toe sandals please. Flat black ankle boots can only be worn in the winter months.
*In recent times we have become aware of many shoe manufacturers and companies selling types of shoes which we would consider to be a ‘trainer’, but are marketing them as ‘school shoes’.
We appreciate how difficult this can make things for families, so we have provided the table below to provide more specific guidance on what our school considers to be a school shoe and the types of shoes that would be deemed as a trainer. Shoes should be plain black and should not have any zip/chain details or other embellishments.
Should you at any point be unsure of a particular shoe, before purchasing them, please do not hesitate to contact the school office who will be able to assist you further.
For PE, your child needs to wear their house colour t-shirt, black shorts/leggings/tracksuit bottoms and trainers/plimsoles please.